Guidelines For Using Donor Funds
Steward Precious Donor Funds Responsibly
- Always honor the donor restrictions we agreed to when we accepted the gift.
- Clearly document the business purpose of your expenditures using the 5 W’s: Who, What, When, Where, Why.
- Imagine that you were explaining your expenditure to a donor or the press.
- Include a detailed, timely receipt indicating what was purchased.
- Remember that all travel reimbursements must be signed for by a supervisor.
- Please contact the NIU Foundation financial services team before making any commitments.
Guidelines and Procedures
We are here to help. Email us at NIU Foundation Financial Services or call 815-753-0888.