Guidelines For Using Donor Funds
Adhering to the following guidelines will help us steward precious donor funds responsibly:
- Always honor the donor restrictions we agreed to when we accepted the gift.
- Clearly document the business purpose of your expenditures using the 5 W’s: Who, What, When, Where, Why.
- Imagine that you were explaining your expenditure to a donor or the press.
- Include a detailed, timely receipt indicating what was purchased.
- Remember that all travel reimbursements must be signed for by a supervisor.
- Please contact the NIU Foundation financial services team before making any commitments.
More detailed guidelines can be found in the NIU Foundation Guidelines for Use of Donor Funds. For more information, email NIU Foundation Financial Services, or contact us at 815-753-0888.
Pcard Purchase Procedures Using Foundation Funds_final 012016